January 7, 2014

Oat muffins (RecipeTuesday #1)

As I made my way out of bed  this morning, the hunger struck me. I prepared myself a healthy breakfast with some of my favorite things. These are, I kid you not, the most delicious and filling oat muffins you could ever find. I made five and only ended up eating two. Also they go great coupled up with a strawberry tea.

Ingredients:


For the ones how do not use the metric system, here are the measurements:
  • 2/5 cups oats 
  • 1 whole egg 
  • 2 tablespoons low fat milk 
  • 1 oz cottage cheese 
  • 4 black olives 
  • 1 oz cheese
Instructions:


Let the egg and milk moisten the oats for a couple of minutes



 Decor the olives and put them in, we do not want to find seeds in our muffins.



 In the oven at low to medium heat for 20 to 30 minute. Check on them every 10 minutes to make sure the oven isn't too hot and the muffins get burnt. 

And voila! The muffins are ready to be enjoyed. The are super yummy and a nice change from all of the banana oats recipes. I sure am sick and tired of all the banana in everything craze.




Nutritional facts
Good points
Low in sugar
High in manganese
High in phosphorus
High in selenium

Bad points
High in saturated fat
High in cholesterol

No comments:

Post a Comment